Cookie Day 2016

Details on upcoming GPA MN Meet & Greet events.

Cookie Day 2016

Postby NSkresal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 am

Hi Folks, It's almost time for Cookie Day! Cookie Day has been held the Friday after Thanksgiving for the last 15 years at the Richfield Perco. This will be our 16th year. It will be held at Richfield Petco on Friday, November 25
from 12-2pm. We are doing an extra M&G that day. What I do is ask if anyone wants to bake and donate a dozen or so cookies? We pass them out to anyone who comes into the Petco store if they want one. The intent is not to get a bunch of donations for GPA but to stop and get people to stop and think about greyhounds.You never know what ideas can come from getting a cookie from our greyhound group for some people down the road. I'm hoping they come up with the idea of adopting a greyhound! If any cookies are left over I leave a big plate of them for the Petco employees because the Richfield store and staff have been wonderfully generous to GPA. We conduct adoptions in the store, we have our monthly M&G there, the hound haul often stops there. It's just a way of saying thank you to them.

Everyone is welcome to come to Cookie Day - it is really a glorified M&G (with cookies for people) and bring your hounds. It might be nice to get out of the house after Turkey Day. So, if you can come, please do.

If you can donate a dozen or so cookies, please let me know. You can bring them to the store or I can figure out how to get them.

Thanks in advance, everybody!!

Sylvia
Your friendly Cookie Day Coordinator
612-924-9057
nskresal@comcast.net
NSkresal

Re: Cookie Day 2016

Postby proudmom » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Sylvia, we will be there with our cookies.....and our hound!!! Thanks much for organizing again! George, Diane & Yogi.
proudmom

Postby rasmussen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:44 am

We'll be there with cookies and some hounds! Thanks for organizing this!
Lori Rasmussen
with Tommy, Hailey and Johnny
rasmussen

Postby AngiePandgie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:13 am

I'm so bummed I'm going to miss it this year. However, I would like to contribute some cookies.
Please let me know the best way to get them to you, Sylvia. Also, I'll need to give them to you before the 23rd as I'm heading out of town.

Thanks for everything you do!
Angie
AngiePandgie

Postby NSkresal » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:13 pm

I think we're going to have plenty of cookies. Thank you bakers!
Hope to see you on Cookie Day, the day after Thanksgiving at Richfield Petco from 12-2pm.
Sylvia
NSkresal

Return to Meet & Greets