Maximus, AKA Free Energy

Inquiries and advice on a variety of hound health issues.

Maximus, AKA Free Energy

Postby Millie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 am

Hello Folks at GPA-MN,

As agreed in our adoption papers, we are to notify you when our adoptive Greyhound is ill and nearing the end of his life.

We adopted Maximus, (AKA Free Energy), when he was 3yrs old from GPA-MN, he is now 11 and 1/2, and has been diagnosed with the Monster Osteosarcoma, in his right rear knee. The vet prognosis is 4-6 months of blessed time left to be with us. We have opted not to remove his leg, and the Vet agrees with us on this. His comfort and being pain free is our primary goal, and to spend as much quality time as possible with him. He has been my companion when riding my trike out on the country roads, going on beautiful walks. He has been a wonderful ambassador of the breed to folks we met on the street and at pet stores, showing what gentle loving companions they are with giant hearts. He has raised and taught my grandkids how to love and be gentle and caring to all animals. He is going be missed by the whole family when we send him off to that rainbow bridge to meet up with our Lil Ruby, (AKA Ruby Chase).

We want to say Thank You to the GPA-MN for trusting and allowing us to adopt Maximus from you. A special Thank You to Luanna Ball for doing for such a wonderful job at fostering him. He has been a true blessing in our lives.

Again Thank you to all at GPA-MN for allowing Maximus to be in our lives, and for saving these wonderful x-racers for all of us.

Millie and Bob Glenn
we have moved from Kent, mn
to 9574 Teakwood Lane N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Millie

Re: Maximus, AKA Free Energy

Postby rasmussen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:41 am

I'm so sorry to hear this news about your fur baby. It's never easy to hear those dreaded words.....Please know we're thinking of you and Maximus.
Lori Rasmussen
with Tommy, Hailey and Johnny
rasmussen

Postby Luana » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am

Oh Millie and Bob, tears just welled in my eyes as I read about this diagnosis with our sweet Maximus. I know first hand how much you loved and adored that sweet sweet boy ... and I know that he has loved his wonderful life with you. He is truly one of the lucky ones.

My dear boy Fiddler was diagnosed with osteo about a year ago as well ... just short of his 12th Bday. I chose the same path you are taking ... comfort and love for as long as possible. Sending you all hugs .... please give Maximus a special love from his foster mama. Luana
Luana

Postby Millie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:04 am

Thank you Lori for your kind words.
Thank you Luana, for remembering Max and us. Whenever I look at Maximus, it always takes me back to the M&G at your house. Seeing Him and Fiddler just took my breath away...... and the surprise of Jack coming by too, such a beautiful black boy, We think of him too, and hope that he is doing well. We wanted both of them, and knew we should only pick one. It was Max's eyes that drew me to him, like a magnet, they were so huge, and shiny! He still has em and knows how to use em, haha, my stinker!. We think of Fiddler too, and thought what a lucky dog he was to land in your home, so full of love. We will always remember and keep you in our hearts. Millie, Bob and Maximus
Millie

Postby psycmeistr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:20 pm

SO very sorry to read this-- it's heart-renching when it's time to let our babies go to the Rainbow Bridge- Maximus is such a good dog!

Know that your GPA family is with you and yours in thought and prayer.
psycmeistr

Postby Millie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:28 am

Hi Folks,
Sadly we had to help Maximus up to that Rainbow Bridge this past Wednesday at 19:30 hours. He has left such an empty place in our hearts and home. His big body took a whole lot of space in our small home, but he always managed to fit. We will miss going on walks with him, and greeting strangers on the way. We will miss his big smiles as he greets us at the door when we come home. The U of M surgeon called him a Miracle dog when he survived a ruptured Ulcer two years ago, and was in ICU for 7 days. Not knowing, he gave us another 2 yrs to enjoy and love his companionship.
Everyone feel in love with him no matter where we were or where we went....He was an excellent ambassador for the Greyhound Breed/X-Racers. When God made him, he certainly must have broke the mold.. We can not express how much we loved him and how much love he gave us. God be with you Maximus, and take you to that Rainbow Bridge to wait with Lil Ruby, for us someday. We will someday see one another again.
Millie

Postby proudmom » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Dear Millie & Bob, please know that we are thinking about you and what you're going through. We too have been there and it's no fun. We all look forward to the day when we can join our furry friends again and know that they're waiting for us as well. Take care of yourselves........George, Diane and Yogi
proudmom

Return to Medical & Health